The cards shown here demonstrate a basic part of the SoulCollage® process: Engaging and working with the energy of the cards, also known as the "I Am One Who..." process. To learn more, the award-winning book, SoulCollage® Evolving by Seena Frost, is a beautiful account of the process and an excellent place to start! Seena writes about: the history, how to make cards and work with them; using the process in celebration and blessing, rites of passage, personal retreat and much more; as well as how SoulCollage® has changed the lives of thousands of people, worldwide.

March 17, 2008

The Yoga of Knitting


I am the part of you who loves to create with yarn. I love the beautiful colors and textures....and weaving straw into gold. I am the one who likes to knit for charitable causes, and for friends and family and myself. I am the one who is soothed seeing hand made items in my enviroment.
.
I am the one who's in conscious meditation while knitting. I love hearing the click of the needles as I knit. I am one who's heart purrs in the meditation of knitting. I am the one who experiences the yoga of knitting... it's my Lighthouse.
.
I give your rest, relaxation...peace; and the satisfaction of creating beauty with colorful yarns and pleasing textures. I put you in touch with the joy of creating meditatively.
.
I want you to let me have my way more often...and do what I love so much. I want you to share with others the yoga of knitting. I want you to know that in doing so you will be giving to yourself beyond measure.
.
You will remember by keeping this card in view; by keeping your knitting needles and yarn stash nearby; by pulling out your knitting magazines, by remembering how good it feels to knit for charity...and by just letting my love of knitting...your love of knitting...run free. ~ Just let me knit Cheryl.

7 comments:

Patricia J. Mosca said...

Beautiful Cheryl..straight from the heart...Beautiful!

Kathleen said...

I love the term "yoga of knitting"!

(btw, I love to knit too, so your card really speaks to me!)

Lisa said...

Oh I love this! Now I want to make a crocheter card. :)

Deb G said...

This is great! I find knitting to be conscious meditation too. All the best!

angelin said...

Yoga is just like lying around on pillows…but it is so much more. As your body takes the shape of yoga postures, blankets and bolsters completely support you so that you can relax. Deep healing can then occur in this quiet, delicious space. This technique also releases tight muscles, relieves pain, tones internal organs, and strengthens the immune system.
--------------
Angelinjones
diamond earrings

Doe Grozs Art said...

ok... now I'm wanting to knit :-)
I did try it once. Love what you wrote.. your wonderful sweet way with words!!!
thanks for sharing this.. now, I am off to yoga class :-)

LauraX said...

LOVE this...have you read The Knitting Sutra: Craft as Spiritual Practice? I think you would quite enjoy it:)